The bottom line is people respond better to nice pictures and graphics. As a programmers that is generally not our forte. So I plan to enlist a Graphics Designer.
Tracy Zhou's mywedding.ca with some modifications be a good candidate:
- Tracy already started a mobile version
- The topic of a wedding website aligns well with the concept of themes.
Before approaching Tracy we should do some leg work to have an idea if this will work and what changes we would ask of her:
- SiteMap with reasoning for each section to best demonstrate SiteMesh features (easy to progressively more complex)
- Select only one theme initially
- List changes to each section
- List changes for overall, ie a print button
- Do same for mobile themes and content
- Selection of new name instead of mywedding.ca?
- Selection of 2nd theme to demonstrate skinning
We need a total of 7 sections, here's a first cut,
- Checklist - simple demonstration of decorator pattern
- Inspire - simple graphic demonstration of decorator pattern
- Crafts - example of portlet
- My Bridebook - login screen and after successful auth shows example of loading a different decorator if logged in
- Venues - example of include file for Trends
- Blog - example of include file for Trends
Logo = Home Page
Home = Home Page
The logo feels awkward to click here so duplicating with a Home bubble.