- Tutorial Based Learning (Trail, Live Demos)
- Updating the documentation
- Modernizing the site for community feedback
At this stage I am putting together some sample content. Once there is enough content, the SiteMesh team will be contacted to determine if they want to endorse this wiki.
SiteMesh is a web-page layout system that can be used to abstract common look and feel from the functionality of a web-application and to assemble large
webpages from smaller components. Pages and components can have meta-data extracted from them (such as body, title and meta-tags) which can be used by decorators (skins) that are applied.
SiteMesh won't tread on your toes or force you to work in a certain way (except for cleaner) - you install and carry on working as before. It seamlessly fits in with existing frameworks.
Forget the hype - just try it! You'll be impressed with how it can simplify things.
Diagram showing simple content decorated into multiple sites...
- Reduce application code by
- Truly segregate look and feel from
Proposed Reorganization of Sections
- Getting Started with SiteMesh (Tutorials with live demos)
- Setup SiteMesh
- Start Using SiteMesh in 10 minutes
- SiteMesh Patterns
- Production Grade Meshing
- Understanding Paths for Decorator Files
- Error Page Considerations
- Advanced SiteMesh
- Allow Pages to Specify Decorators
- Decorating with Parameters and Sessions
- Nested Decorators
- API Reference
- Bug Tracker
- About SiteMesh
- Sites Using SiteMesh