SiteMesh is a Java Servlet Filter and requires a container that,
- Conforms to Servlet 2.3 or higher specifications
- JAXP with a parser implementation (this is usually supplied by your Servlet container)
- JRE 1.3.x and JRE 1.4.x or higher for optimal performance
SiteMesh will generally work with most modern Servlet containers. Some of the containers tested and submitted to us out in the field are listed below,
- Apache Jakarta Tomcat 5.x and 6.x
- IBM WebSphere 5.x and 6.x
- Oracle BEA WebLogic
- Oracle OC4J
If you know of other application servers please let us know.
In rare cases specific products do not work with SiteMesh,
Fix if Available
WebLogic 6.1, 7.0 and 7.0 SP1
WebLogic bug results in requestDispatcher.forward() or requestDispatcher.include() failure.
Jira Ticket 10045
WebLogic 8.1 SP1
SiteMesh does not work due to various bugs in the JSP compilation engine.
Apply patch CR112789_81sp1 to your Weblogic
WebSphere 5.0.1 and 5.0.2
Apply patch IBM iFix PQ80592
Community Submitted Testing
SiteMesh has been tested on a number of containers. If you are using SiteMesh please share your results with us,
6.0.18, 6.0.20, 6.0.26