The bottom line is people respond better to nice pictures and graphics. As a programmers that is generally not our forte. So I plan to enlist a Graphics Designer.
- Tracy already started a mobile version
- The topic of a wedding website aligns well with the concept of themes.
Before approaching Tracy we should do some leg work to have an idea if this will work and what changes we would ask of her:
- SiteMap with reasoning for each section to best demonstrate SiteMesh features (easy to progressively more complex)
- Select only one theme initially
- List changes to each section
- List changes for overall, ie a print button
- Do same for mobile themes and content
- Selection of new name instead of mywedding.ca?
- Selection of 2nd theme to demonstrate skinning
- Licensing - I expect we would not be able to make the graphics open source
We need a total of 7 sections, here's a first cut in the order that they will be demonstrated,
- Legal - Simple text but decorated (highlight body and title tags)
- Checklist - simple demonstration of decorator pattern using text and inline css applied specifically to the checklist page
- Crafts - example of graphics
- Inspire - will have a subsection for themes and demonstrate end user selecting themes
- Venues - example of include file for Trends
Logo = Home Page
Welcome to MyWedding.ca, where we showcase inspirations for a wedding beyond the ordinary. We provide creative inspirations and step-to-step craft instructions for a personalized and well crafted wedding with a focus on helping you make your special day truly about you and your significant other.
Home = Home Page
The logo feels awkward to click here so duplicating with a Home bubble.