At this stage I am putting together a proposed layout and filling in some content. I've contacted Joe Walnes to determine if I should work further to fill this with material and present to the SiteMesh team for endorsement.
Pitch (like a commercial short with graphics)...
What is SiteMesh?
SiteMesh 3 has been officially released.
SiteMesh is a lightweight and flexible Java web application framework that applies the Gang of Four decorator pattern to allow a clean separation of content from presentation.
Work with the content of your website and have the appropriate look and feel applied (decorated) just before delivery to a PC or Mobile device.
- SiteMesh is easy to learn. 5 minutes to setup, and 10 minutes to start being useful.
- SiteMesh integrates quickly, just 4 files.
Why Use SiteMesh
Write your content once and present it in many different ways,
Let's Hear Some More
SiteMesh uses Filters introduced since Java Servlet version 2.3.
- SiteMesh intercepts responses to generated HTML and merges it with decorator(s) to build the final result.
- SiteMesh can be used in Java based web-applications, or applied to content as an offline job.
- Enterprise class web applications and products such as Atlasssian Confluence use SiteMesh.
For a good overview, see Mike Cannon-Brookes' PowerPoint presented at the Vegas Server Side Symposium.