What is SiteMesh?
SiteMesh 3 has been officially released.
SiteMesh is a lightweight and flexible Java web application framework that applies the Gang of Four decorator pattern to allow a clean separation of content from presentation.
Imagine working with only the simple content Work with the content of your website and having the complex presentation code have the appropriate look and feel applied (decorated) just before delivery to the browsera PC or Mobile device.
- SiteMesh is easy to learn. 5 minutes to setup, and 10 minutes to start being useful.
- SiteMesh is integrates quickly starting with , just 4 files.
Why Use SiteMesh
Write your content once and present it in many different ways,
Let's Hear Some More
SiteMesh uses Filters introduced since Java Servlet version 2.3.
- SiteMesh intercepts requests responses to any static or dynamically generated HTML page requested through the web-server, processes the content and then merges it with one or more decorators decorator(s) to build the final result.
- SiteMesh can also be used compose large pages of smaller pages and layouts.SiteMesh can be used in Java based web-applications, or applied to content as an offline job.
- Enterprise class web applications and products such as Atlasssian Confluence use SiteMesh.
For a good overview, see Mike Cannon-Brookes' PowerPoint presented at the Vegas Server Side Symposium.