What is SiteMesh?
SiteMesh 3 has been officially released.
SiteMesh is a lightweight and flexible Java web application framework that applies the Gang of Four decorator pattern to allow a clean separation of content from presentation.
Work with the content of your website and have the appropriate look and feel applied (decorated) just before delivery to a PC or Mobile device.
- SiteMesh is easy to learn. 5 minutes to setup, and 10 minutes to start being useful.
SiteMesh may be simple to start using right away, but there is much more to SiteMesh...
- SiteMesh intercepts requests to any static or dynamically generated HTML page requested through the web-server, processes the content and then merges it with one or more decorators SiteMesh integrates quickly, just 4 files.
Why Use SiteMesh
Write your content once and present it in many different ways,
Let's Hear Some More
SiteMesh uses Filters introduced since Java Servlet version 2.3.
- SiteMesh intercepts responses to generated HTML and merges it with decorator(s) to build the final result.
- SiteMesh can also be used compose large pages of smaller pages and layouts.
- SiteMesh is fast. Really fast.
- SiteMesh can be used in Java based web-applications, or applied to content as an offline job.
- SiteMesh is extensibleEnterprise class web applications and products such as Atlasssian Confluence use SiteMesh.
For a good top level view of SiteMesh, review overview, see Mike Cannon-Brookes' PowerPoint presentation presented for at the Vegas Server Side Symposium.